Phelps County Regional Medical Center’s Center for Psychiatric Services is committed to caring for people through all stages of life with a variety of emotional, psychiatric, psychological, or behavioral problems. We treat each patient with respect as a valuable human being who has the potential to become a productive, positive, and contributing member of society. PCRMC is committed to provide the psychiatric services needed for the South Central Missouri area including inpatient hospitalization and outpatient services.
Why choose us?
The Center for Psychiatric Services provides a safe, structured and medically managed environment during the course of assessment, stabilization and referral. We are recognized as “best practice” with respect to our inpatient environment of safety.
Accessing Inpatient Services
Individuals may present themselves to the medical center’s emergency department for evaluation and determination of treatment needs. The emergency department will arrange for admission to the inpatient unit when indicated and if the unit is full, an appropriate transfer is made to another facility’s inpatient unit.
Inpatient Treatment components include:
- Multi-disciplinary assessment and stabilization
- Medical uncomplicated detoxification
- Psychological evaluations (when indicated)
- Treatment planning
- Psychiatric, medical and nursing services
- Twice daily group therapy
- Spirituality group
- Individual and/or family therapy as indicated in the treatment plan
- Twice daily recreation therapy
- Nutritional consultative services as indicated
- Therapeutic and safe environment
- Case management and aftercare referral
- Referral for PCRMC outpatient services/community resources
The Center for Psychiatric Services inpatient psychiatric unit is located in the south wing/fourth floor in the main building, and the main unit number is 573-458-7444.
Accessing Outpatient Services
The Center Clinic is the location for outpatient psychiatric services and is located near the hospital:
The Center Clinic
575 B Blues Lake Parkway.
Rolla, MO 65401
Contact the Center Clinic and a staff member will complete a request for services form. The outpatient admission team assesses the needs of each person requesting services and makes a determination. If the individual’s need is able to be met at the clinic then an appropriate provider is assigned.
Outpatient Services offered:
- Comprehensive Psychiatric Assessment
- Psychological Evaluation
- Substance Abuse Assessment
- Mood Disorder Treatment
- Anxiety Disorder Treatment
- Psychiatric Disorders with mixed condition Treatment
- Cognitive, Behavioral and other Specialized Therapies
- Marital and Family Treatment
- Stress Management
- Situational Crisis Management
- Behavior Management