Mildred Rauth Rehabilitation
Mildred Rauth RehabCare Center offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services to pediatrics, adolescents, and adults with medical conditions that produce a loss of function in mobility, cognition, or communication. Through the help of skilled professionals, patients are able to re-learn previous skills and develop new skills.
The PCRMC Acute Rehabilitation team recognizes the importance of privacy and independence for patients. All 30 rooms on the floor are private patient rooms, and a Transitional Living Mini-Suite is available to help accommodate patients who are almost ready to go home. The Mini-Suite resembles a home environment with a private room, bathroom, small kitchen and living room to ease the transition from inpatient care to home. Living in the Transitional Living Suite for a few days helps build a patient’s confidence before returning home, and it is also a good final indicator that a patient is ready to go home.
- Brain injury
- Neuropathy and myopathy
- Spinal cord injury
- Multiple traumas
- Hip fracture
- Joint replacement
- Progressive neurological disorders
- Guillain Barre
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Medically complex patients
Why choose us?
RehabCare understands that every person requires a specialized path for recovery.
- Medical Director Dr. Matthew Rieth is specially trained in rehabilitation and physical medicine and directs the medical treatment and rehabilitation program for each patient.
- Rehabilitation nurses are specially trained to monitor individual care around-the-clock and help to encourage self-care and attention to personal hygiene.
- Physical therapists develop treatment plans that develop strength and mobility. Special exercises and other activities are designed to build confidence, strengthen muscles and improve endurance and coordination.
- Occupational therapists challenge patients to perform the simple tasks of everyday living -- cooking, eating, and getting dressed -- through individually designed exercises, activities and the use of specialized equipment.
- Speech pathologists provide individual therapy programs to treat memory, language, speech or hearing disorders that interfere with the ability to communicate.
Inpatient Services Provided as Needed
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Medical consults
- Rehabilitation nursing
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Speech and language pathology
- Social work/case management
- Orthotic and prosthetic consultations
- Respiratory services
- Dietary services
- Renal dialysis
- Wound care
Patients can be admitted to the acute rehabilitation center from home, a hospital, or any other type of facility without a prior three-day acute hospital stay. For further information about inpatient rehabilitation care, please contact RehabCare at 573-458-7885.