Childbirth Education is for expectant mothers after 20 weeks of pregnancy. A support person is encouraged to attend with you.
Childbirth Education Class covers the following topics:
- Basic information about pregnancy
- Danger signals in pregnancy
- Stages of labor and delivery
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Cesarean birth
- Medical options and epidurals
- Newborn care and nutrition
For more information on PCRMC class times and location, please view our Education Catalog or call (573) 458-7397.
These classes are offered in collaboration with the Phelps County Health Department and Prevention Consultants of Missouri. For questions about the classes, please call 573-458-6030.